- 500g mince meat
- 1 tsp ground or crushed garlic
- 2 pinches red chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tbsps split gram (split chickpeas soaked overnight)
- ¼ tsp cumin (toasted)
- ¼ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- salt to taste
- 3 eggs
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 small onion
- 4 green chillies
- add salt to taste
- 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- In a pan put in the minced meat, the split chick peas, garam masala powder, garlic, ginger, red chillies, cumin, fennel and salt and cover just enough water so that the split chickpeas or ‘dhal’ becomes soft but not mushy. By this time the mince will also become tender.
- Next, in a grinder put in the onion, the green chilli and 1 small egg, the coriander and lastly put into the mince mixture and grind till it is a smooth mixture. When done remove and make small flat patties out of the mixture. Whisk one egg and keep aside.
- In a large frying pan heat some oil for shallow frying and then dip the patties in egg and fry in oil four at a time. When dark golden brown remove and serve immediately.
- Chicken Shami Kabab (amul24.wordpress.com)