Rich Chocolate Truffle Torte
- 80g of butter
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 550g plain chocolate
- 6 tbsps flavouring* (you can try mango syrup, cherry or concentrated orange juice)
- 300ml double cream
- sifted cocoa powder to sprinkle over the top OR…
- 150g plain or milk chocolate curls, to decorate (optional)
- Melt the butter and stir in the crushed biscuits. Press into the base of a 20cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed cake tin and chill.
- Meanwhile, put the milk, chocolate and flavouring in a large bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted. Using a hand whisk, beat until smooth. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the cream into the chocolate mixture and pour over the biscuit base. Chill for 12 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate curls, melt the plain or milk chocolate and spread on a marble slab or cold metal baking sheet. Chill until just set, then, using a knife or a potato peeler, scrape across the chocolate to make curls.
- Scatter the chocolate curls or sifted cocoa over the cake.
Keep refrigerated until needed.