Lasagne is one of our all-time Italian favourites. Try this delicious version with its clever low fat cheese sauce.
- 1 spray(s)Calorie Controlled Cooking Spray,
- 450 g Extra Lean, Cooked Beef, Mince,
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 175 g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium Carrots, chopped
- 800 g Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped.
- 1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef dissolved in 100ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste or powder
- 1 teaspoons basil
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper.
- 110 g Lasagne Sheet, dried, not pre-cook
- 150 g Cheese, Quark
- 150 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat, with garlic and herbs
- 1 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
- 150 ml Milk, Skimmed
- Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Place over a high heat and add the mince a handful at a time, so that it browns.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, tomatoes, stock and herbs. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190°C / 375°F.
- Tip half the cooked meat into an oblong baking dish. Lay half the lasagne sheets on top.
- Beat together the Quark, low fat soft cheese and egg. Stir in the milk. Spread about one third of this mixture over the lasagne. Layer the rest of the meat and lasagne sheets on top, and spread over the remaining the cheese mixture. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden.
Use Quorn mince and a vegetable stock cube for a vegetarian version.