I usually buy the low fat tuna mayo from Asda but it is a 14 mile return journey to the nearest shop that sells it. I have decided to make my own which, actually I like better. You also get more for your pro points. I have a pattern which I stick to every weekday lunchtime and it is soup and a sandwich. today it’s tuna mayo sandwich.
4 portions =8pp that’s 2 pp each
- 2 or 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 130g canned drained tuna in brine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium green capsicum the size of a tennis ball
- 1 red onion the size of a golf ball
- salt & black pepper according to your taste.
- pinch of garlic powder
- Use a mini chopper, adding all the dry ingredients and chop to the consistency you prefer. I don’t like it completely pureed so I just give it a quick blast. If you haven’t got a chopper then you will just have to finely chop the vegetables by hand and combine with the tuna and spices. Finally add the mayonnaise and mix.
Easy Peasy 😉